Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Longing for April

No profound comments on geopolitical affairs tonight I’m afraid. All I have are some ramblings in the oh my God about life general and about the season of winter.
I grew up in the great state of Hawaii, a place that has no real seasons of which to speak.  For the first eighteen and a half years of my life I knew nothing but nice sunny weather.  That would remain the case until I decided to leave the islands to go to school at Creighton University, in Omaha, Nebraska, that was my first taste of fall and winter and believe me when I say it was a shock.  I have endured five Midwestern winters and believe me when I say that I would be glad if I never have to endure another one.
I now hang my hat here in Carmichael, California, a suburb of Sacramento. While things are not as bad as they were in my time in Oh My God Nebraska.  It is hardly the pleasant tropical paradise of my childhood. (I can hear my Southeast Asian readers gloating right now about how wonderful it is over there). Right now the Temperature is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit outside and even with the heat it feels like 60 in here (The heat was up to 70 but we had to turn it down due to the electric bill) To top it all off it has been raining non stop which has been good since we have been having a drought. But still it does make things a pain. I am glad I did not have to work tonight.
Winter is nice when you are leading up to Christmas and New Years. If you are an American Football fan you might also have the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl to which to look forward.  But for the most part all it now is cold and wet that I just want to go away. I cannot wait until mid-March to early April when it shall start to get warm again.
I miss summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment